It is a multiple day event led by an experienced trail guide. We will have a max of 6 vehicles plus the support vehicles on each adventure. Your guide will take you through the trials and show you exciting points of interest along the way. A simple Breakfast will be cooked in the mornings and a hearty dinner will be provided at night; however, you will need to provide your own drinks, snacks, coffee cup and lunch meals for each day. Please make provisions for your own trash, we will leave the locations cleaner than we find them.
Here is an example: You will have the option to arrive the night before your adventure starts, we will provide dinner that night if you are on site before 7 pm in most cases. We will also provide breakfast for any guest that arrives on the night before or any guest arriving early enough on the day of your event we eat around 8 am. We depart from camp/ meeting location at 9 am on Friday, you will need to provide (breakfast if you have not made arrangements for us to provide it for this day only.) lunch that day. We will cover dinner Friday night. Saturday we will provide breakfast, you will provide your own lunch and we will provide dinner. Sunday we will provide breakfast you will provide your lunch, then we will conclude the event around 11 am but could be as late as 3 pm. For longer trips we will follow this same schedule. Typically, we will leave camp around 9 am and arrive at a new camp site around 3pm. Our goal is to stop for lunch between 11 and noon each day at a point of interest. We will provide optional learning opportunities ranging from camp cooking and navigation to helping you improve your driving skills. Most trips will include a photo package provided by professional outdoor photographer, and or a professional quality YouTube video provided by Ozark Overland Adventures own Matt McClelland. There is no extra charge for the photo and video packages. Not every trip will include video and photo packages it will be based on their availability. You will book a trip by placing a deposit on your trip of 50%. This deposit will be for one driver, one passenger and 2 children under 16. We always encourage our guest to bring family. We will need a passenger count at the time you register. GoXplorUSA will then send you an invoice 4 to 8 weeks before your departure date. After that invoice is paid, you will begin to receive the details about your trip. If you prefer, we can invoice you at any time before the 4-to-8-week departure date. Please refer to refund policy for refund information. All passengers over 16 will need to be paid in full at time of booking and will follow the refund policy. You will not be able to add a passenger later than 10 days prior to departure. Departure date is not included in the 10-day calculation.
As GoXplorUSA grows and we add more adventures, we will also expand our list of experienced and dedicated guides. We will be adding a bio section as we add trips and guides to the list. Currently all trips are guided by Brad Brazell of GoXplorUSA.
Bring whatever you think is needed! This is to test your overlanding gear and learn more about it.
Be prepared for changing weather. We will be doing some hiking so bring your hiking boots and a day pack to carry your lunch. You will be camping in the woods with nature, so bug and tick spray is recommended. Bring your favorite method for sleeping in the woods. Example: hammock, ground tent or roof top tent. Expect to have no power or running water, however on some trips we may for a night or two. Bring your favorite camp chair and coffee mug. We will have coffee for you to enjoy while you relax at camp. Some trips we will provide the campfire wood others we will ask that you supply one bundle of local firewood to add to the supply. With all the gear we are providing, and the space required to carry enough firwood for several days of camping is a challenge for sure. If you have any concerns of what bring we would be more than happy to help you prepare for your adventure. You can contact me at Brad@goxplorusa.com
When you purchase a ticket, it covers the vehicle, 1 driver and 1 passenger and 2 children 16 or younger. You can bring as many people as your vehicle has seatbelts for. There will be a $55.00 per person charge for additional passengers over 16 years old however we do need to know if they are coming at least 30 days out for food and permits in some cases. Once you have registered, we ask that you not add people less than 10 days before your departure date as some of the permits require us to provide the number of people in attendance.
Our goal is to provide an authentic overlanding experience. We will do all the hard work for you, so you can show up, relax and get closer to nature. We scout the areas for the best spots to camp, we locate points of interest to GoXplor along the way, and we pre-run all the trails ahead of time to help insure a safe voyage. All trips are properly permitted and insured. Our guides and volunteers have many years of experience in the outdoors and are committed to serving you on your adventure.
Having been off-road in so many different locations we understand how important your vehicle is to you. We do have some things for you to consider before you book a trip with GoXplorUSA.
1. We require you to have a selectable low range transfer case with a dedicated 4X4 option.
2. We require every vehicle to have suitable tow points front and rear for recovery if needed.
3. We recommend that every vehicle has at least 32 inch all terrain tires and prefer mud terrain for better traction. Some trips will require 33-inch-tall tires minimum.
4. A winch is not necessary but beneficial. (Some advanced trips will require a winch)
5. Locking differentials will be beneficial but not necessary.
6. Understand that we are driving off road and you may experience vehicle damage as a result. This may include brush marks or dents from tight trails, tire damage from sharp rocks, damage to low hanging steps or exhaust or even damage from water crossings. We are not responsible for any damage done to your vehicle while you are driving it or if it is parked. If at any time during the event you are not comfortable with a situation, from the trail difficulty or the weather conditions, it is your responsibility to notify your trail leader and we will make necessary provisions for you.
If you choose to leave due to weather, you are welcome to return to the trip.
Any and all expenses incurred up to and including you not returning to the event will be your responsibility. If you are not back to the designated meeting point when it is time to proceed, we will assume you have left the event. If you decide to leave the event you will not be refunded for the remaining time of your trip. We will do everything we can to accommodate your concerns our goal is to provide you with an enjoyable trip you will be happy to share with others. In the event you chose to depart during the trip we will guide you off the trail to pavement where this action will be your proclamation that your trip as complete.
7. Not every trip will be full size friendly. It will not be because a full-size vehicle is not capable off road, as they are very capable. It will be because of narrow trails that may not allow a wide vehicle to pass through without damage.
8. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the national forest. If you chose to bring alcohol, any and all fines will be your responsibility. Please adhere to the National Forest policy on alcoholic beverages.
9. Safety is our top concern. We will have a very basic first aid kit available for minor issues. We are traveling in remote areas where medical treatment could take hours to be administered. In the event of an actual emergency, we will do our best to notify the local emergency response members via sat communicators and or cell phone if available. If the situation warrants a trip to the ER, we will assist you in that activity. We are in no way trained medical professionals and do not have the supplies or the knowledge to administer anything more than basic first aid in the field. More than likely, you will be directed to the nearest ER for most incidents. You are responsible for any and all cost incurred for any type of rescue or medical attention you require while on a trip with GoXplorUSA. This includes personal injury or personal property recovery. You are not required to go anywhere or do anything you do not want to do. By simply proceeding on the trip, you are acknowledging you take full responsibility for your health and personal property.
10. It is your responsibility to notify GoXplorUSA of any preexisting medical conditions we need to know about. Details will be provided after booking your adventure.
11. You are financially responsible for any damage you provide to the Forest Service property, or any private property owned by another customer or not.